Friday, August 14, 2009

Sausage party!

Tonight we decided to go with chicken sausage, which we've been eating alot of recently. I guess really anything chicken. Grilled some corn from the co-op in the husk. Sauteed the okra whole on the grill with a sweet banana peppersliced up, both from the garden in olive oil, soy, spicy vinegar and char broil seasoning, as well as grilled the sausage. The spicy vinegar and banana pepper added a nice little tang to the okra, which really goes well with soy I've found. I like to eat them whole. Grab the stem and bite off the whole thing. I drizzled what was left of the soy/olive oil over the okra and peppers. I used a some french bread as a bun for mine with some spicy mustard. They tasted good together, but the bread being so tough made it kinda hard to eat.

Delicious Fri night dinner with a couple beers and some refreshing summertime peach/strawberry cocktails Yorke made as we cooked. Rum was the liqua' of choice.

This party has before and after pics.









2 comments:

  1. man, that new camera has sure stepped in and taken charge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Chicken Sauasages from Publix are really good. I want to try and make my own one day. I am still calling for a NOM BASH!!!

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, what else do you have to do for the next five seconds....