Monday, June 7, 2010

Chicken on a Bun




This was a great substitution for the burger I was craving.
I marinated a bone-in chicken breast in Stubb's BBQ Sauce.
Threw on the grill for 2 minutes per side on the Searing side of the grill and then an additional 20 minutes on the Regular side of the grill.
I sliced zucchini, yellow squash, and red peppers lengthwise.
Brushed wit olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper, and threw on the grill for the last 7 minutes the chicken breast was cooking.
Once grilling was complete, I brought everything inside.
I placed panko bread crumbs in a sauce pan over medium heat, added chopped garlic, and stirred until browned about 6 minutes.
I then stirred in fresh parsley and dried oregano and topped the vegetables with this mixture.
Removing the chicken breast from the bone and placed on a bun (broiled with cheddar) and topped with chopped spinach.
I had previously cooked off a package of Nitrate free bacon.
Bacon + More BBQ Sauce + Chicken + Cheese + Spinach + Wheat Bun = AMAZING Sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment, what else do you have to do for the next five seconds....