Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nomtaco

Uber nom taco's. We like tacos in the Yox household, especially since we have leftover chicken alot. Leftover chicken from my last post, topped with a black bean and corn dip - black bean, corn from the co-op, sweet onions from my garden, cilantro and crumbled feta. Add a little cumin, cayenne, olive oil, lime juice and balsamic vinegar. Mmmmm good. Boss-nom knows all about that.

The creation on the left was supposed to be fried okra - from my garden. I mean, it technically is okra that was fried with a batter on it, but the batter fell off as soon as it got in the pan. I thought we had corn meal, but all we had was grits. I used some grits we got from the co-op that were pretty course and they just didn't hold. I also used buttermilk instead of an egg(s) so that may have had something to do with it. I've only used buttermilk on chicken, never okra. It still tasted pretty good though. A little too much salt in the batter. The grits tricked me. I added the salt, pepper, cayenne and garlic salt, but it didn't look like I put anything in there after I mixed it up, like it usually does with fine corn meal, so I doubled it. The salt did not play well with the others.

2 comments:

leave a comment, what else do you have to do for the next five seconds....